The web development industry, like technologies and frameworks, is rapidly growing. HTML and CSS were the only major languages used to construct online apps in the beginning, but the industry has progressed quickly over time. Everyone wants to pick the best and most up-to-date technology that will have a good impact on clients. When it comes to web application development, stacks are the most talked-about topic. In the construction of a great web application, picking the correct stack is crucial.
Many SaaS product startups are choosing the MERN stack for their product development. Here in this blog, we will discuss the MERN Stack and why it is the best option for Web Apps.
Table of Content
What is MERN Stack?
When coupled, the four strong web development technologies that make up the MERN stack generate much better results. When it comes to building front-end web apps, the MEAN stack relies on Angular, whereas the MERN stack relies on the React framework. MERN is a shorthand for a system that combines four different technologies in one go. They are as follows:
If we talk more about MERN Stack, it comprises
Let’s have an overview of these four.
MongoDB is an open-source database management system (DBMS) that employs a document-oriented database paradigm that accommodates a wide range of data types. It is one of many non-relational database systems that emerged in the mid-2000s under the NoSQL banner for use in big data applications and other processing operations involving data that doesn’t fit well in a traditional relational paradigm. MongoDB’s design is made up of collections and documents rather than tables and rows, like in relational databases.
Features of MongoDB
- MongoDB is document-oriented storage.
- It has a single master with built-in replication support.
- Ships with built-in sharding support.
- It has very wide driver support, although databases ship with limited support, MongoDB has drivers for every language.
- Provide horizontal scalability to balance the increasing load of modern applications.
- Robust, flexible, and scale-able.
Express is a Node.js web application framework that offers a comprehensive collection of functionalities for building web and mobile applications. It allows for the rapid creation of Node-based Web applications.
Features of ExpressJS
- Allows middleware to reply to HTTP requests to be put up.
- Defines a routing table that is used to perform different actions based on HTTP Method and URL.
- Allows to dynamically render HTML Pages based on passing arguments to templates.
- Develops Node.js web applications quickly and easily.
- It’s simple to set up and personalize.
- You can use it to make a REST API server.
- It’s simple to connect to databases like MongoDB.
Features of React
- It works with Virtual DOM instead of Real DOM, considering that Real DOM manipulations are expensive.
- Supports server-side rendering.
- SEO friendly – which is an essential factor regarding online business.
- Use of JSX – JSX makes React elegant and easy to understand.
- Follows Unidirectional data flow or data binding.
- Uses reusable/composable UI components to develop the view.
Hire a MERN Stack Developer
Are you looking for a modern, attention-grabbing 👀 Website? Get in touch with us 👇
Features of NodeJS
- Single threading – Follows a single-threaded model.
- Data Streaming
- Highly Scalable
- Initialize a Node.js application by typing and running the below command in the command window. Accept the standard settings.
Other Features of MERN
Efficiency: Highly efficient code with less time can be developed with MERN Stack.
Testing: It is crucial and the first string for the software development process. There is a lot of work already done for testing React.js applications, you can use many common tools such as Jest, Mocha, etc
Implementation: There is a common HTML-like, hybrid code formatting in React.js called JSX. It allows you to implement your idea more quickly. HTML-like content in the below code looks like HTML, but it is JSX.
This brings us to the end of the article, we discussed the MERN stack and each technology’s features. We hope that it gives you a better idea, of why the MERN stack is ideal for your startup. Hire MERN stack developer who has extensive knowledge in the field.