Every developer should stay on top of the advancements in their respective domain. The ability to constantly learn and evolve with different technical innovations makes developers set apart. If you are on the hunt for the most suitable UI React framework for your project, then you are at the right place. As a result of its popularity, you will be able to find a wide range of frameworks for creating great-looking interfaces for your React projects. We’ve curated our picks for top frameworks in 2022 to make your search easier. In this post, we’ll examine the different functionalities and UI features of each UI framework so that you can decide which is right for you. Let’s jump right in to know what ReactJS is and its frameworks.
What are React and React UI frameworks?
React UI framework is a comprehensive set of classes and interfaces included in the ReactJS library. In addition, it defines the elements and behavior of the ready-to-use React UI subsystem as well as provides a structure for creating custom UI screens, websites, or visual elements. With the React UI framework, you can create beautiful, responsive, and cross-platform apps without extensive knowledge, background, or experience.
Essential frameworks to Consider
Material UI, or MUI, is one of the most popular UI frameworks for ReactJS as it comes with an array of UI component libraries and tools, allowing developers to build and ship new features. In this React UI framework, ready-to-use components are categorized into four categories, MUI Core (essential components of MUI), MUI X (advanced MUI components), Templates (ready-to-use layouts), and Design Kits (for customizing MUI components). MUI also comes with advanced theme features. With CSS utilities, you can customize your code further using Google’s Material Design system. Using these tools, you can control both styling and component usage.
- Interoperability with multiple styling systems
- A variety of pre-built components, such as icons, dialogs, typography, grids, etc.
- A wide range of themes to choose from
- Frequently updated with the latest features
- Documentation and community assistance
- The easy-to-use layout that responds to any device
- Fast and efficient
React Bootstrap includes React libraries integrated into the Bootstrap core, allowing back-end design and front-end prototyping simultaneously. This makes the React Bootstrap framework useful for separate development teams working on different features of an application concurrently. Furthermore, the elements are highly accessible, allowing the developer to customize the app, plugin, and theme according to user specifications.
- Bootstrap components are implemented using React
- Virtual DOM insertion makes it easy to insert bootstrap components.
- No need to rely on jQuery or Bootstrap.js
- Changes to events or methods directly in the DOM
- Access to Bootstrap themes
- Cleaner and more understandable code
With rich features and React UI libraries such as accessibility, modularity, responsiveness, and themes, Grommet is one of the leading CSS React frameworks. If you’re seeking a feature-rich web design system, consider using it. As it has many helpful UI components and detailed guidelines for coding, layout, and more, it is a user-friendly option. The ease of integrating Gromet into existing projects or creating brand-new ones is one of its most appealing features.
- Mobile-first UI framework
- Excellent theming tools
- An external CSS system is used for styling
- Among the best React frameworks for UI, it offers the most design templates, patterns, and stickers
- Provides default support for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Powerful theming tools
The most well-known feature of React Redux is its predictability. You only need to specify which values you want from your components. They will be extracted and updated automatically by the interface. As such, it offers a straightforward interface for testing your code in different environments and comparing results accurately. On top of that, React Redux is reputable for being one of the top UIs for debugging applications. Using DevTools, you can identify and log changes to the application state, as well as send error reports. For fine-tuning your app’s details, React Redux is an essential tool.
- Because of its predictability, React UI offers the best responsive experience
- DevTools are accessible for effective state management and debugging
- An integrated performance optimizer
- Allows state persistence and only re-renders after substantial state changes
- Large Community Support
The React Admin framework is ideal for building B2B admin applications using REST/GraphQL APIs and is flexible by design. There is also an enterprise solution available along with the free version. With the enterprise solution, you have access to private modules and professional support from Marmelab.
- Adaptable to any backend (REST, SOAP, GraphSQL, etc.)
- The UI is super-fast due to optimistic rendering
- WYSIWYG editor
- Layout, menu, and dashboard can be customized
- Supports Relationships (one to many, many to one)
Ant Design For React
Ant Design is a React CSS framework with a rich design library to develop bespoke organizational apps and dashboards. By using Less.js, the code becomes lean, organized, and easy to maintain – particularly compared to CSS. Though the basic components will include your typical run-of-the-mill elements, the compound components like comments, cards, timelines, and carousels (to name a few) are what make it stand out for enterprise applications. Therefore, this particular framework is used by many top react js development companies.
- Developed using TypeScript with predictable, static types
- Atypical React UI components
- It provides support for multiple international languages
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Smooth theme customization
- Environment support feature
React Toolbox is another React UI component framework that can be used to implement Google’s material principles. Utilizes CSS modules for this purpose. Although module bundlers are available, it integrates seamlessly with webpack workflow. Additionally, visitors can experiment with components in real-time as React Toolbox has an in-browser editor.
- Stylesheets written in SASS are imported using CSS modules
- Multiple options are available for theme customization
- The UI includes 28 components including autocomplete, data picker, dropdown, list, menu, navigation, progress bar, ripple, snack bar, etc.
With Chakra UI, you can build your React applications with simple, modular, and accessible building blocks. It is a flexible library and incorporates reusable and composable components, and makes it easy to develop front-end applications regardless of the project. Even though it is pretty new to the React UI framework scene, it is backed by a highly active community that always helps fellow developers.
- Building larger structures is made simple by the use of composable components.
- Because Chakra UI provides simple React UI libraries, you don’t have to worry about complicated setup.
- Mobile-first responsive design
- Every element can be themed and customized.
Semantic UI React
In essence, Semantic UI is a human-centric framework that transforms HTML into a more readable form. The system accomplishes this by creating classes and words as interchangeable concepts. As a result, classes follow natural language principles such as noun-modifier relationships, word order, and plurality while intuitively linking concepts together. Additionally, prebuilt components make it easier to write semantically friendly code.
- Components can be rebuilt and redesigned using the built-in tools
- The Semantic UI is largely tag agnostic except for special tags
- You can access and edit your markup using sub-components.
- Themes can be developed more easily with high-level variables.
The Blueprint UI is a React CSS framework and a prime choice for desktop applications. A complex, data-heavy interface can also be built using it, which requires multiple modules and components. It comes as a pleasant assuagement that thorough documentation is provided given the complexity of the application and use cases. Every aspect of its functionality is explained here.
- There are about 30 standard components in the React library. Each of them can be styled with CSS.
- With little to no coding on your side, you can adjust these parts and applications using the interface’s settings.
- Adheres to WCAG 2.0
As we have given you a curated list of frameworks and libraries for React, we hope it helps you to discover the most suitable framework for your project. Being a ReactJS development company, our team is proficient in using UI components and modules to build feature-rich and interactive user interfaces. So, before you start on your next React project, go through some research and then get in touch with us to convert your perfect pictured vision to reality.