Web development is the process of creating websites and web apps. And we can safely say that it’s a vital part of our everyday lives and the backbone of the internet. From small personal blogs to large e-commerce sites, web development is the driving force behind it.
Now, imagine using one framework to develop apps for multiple platforms, including the web. That’s where Flutter comes in. It’s a powerful tool for web development that offers several advantages over other frameworks. With Flutter and web app development services, you can create web apps that are fast, responsive, and visually stunning, all while using a single codebase. It’s used to develop Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, and web apps. This article will explore the benefits of using Flutter for web development and how it can help take your projects to the next level.
Table Of Content📜 Advantages Of Using Flutter For Web Development Why Web Developers Enjoy Flutter Web Development Flutter Web: Key Points To Remember Use Cases of Flutter For Web Development Final Thoughts
Advantages Of Using Flutter For Web Development
Single Codebase For Multiple Platforms
“Write once, run anywhere.” Yup, that’s exactly what Flutter allows you to do. With Flutter, you can use the same codebase for web, mobile, and desktop apps. This means you don’t have to maintain separate code bases for each platform, saving you significant time and effort.
Using a single codebase for multiple platforms has several advantages. For one, it allows for a more consistent and seamless user experience across different devices. It also makes maintaining and updating your code easier, as you only have one codebase to work with. This also means that if you make changes to your code, it will be reflected in your apps, rather than having to make the changes multiple times for different platforms.
Using Flutter’s single codebase for multiple platforms allows developers to be more efficient and focus on creating a better user experience. It also allows for more frequent and consistent updates. And that’s not all; it also saves the cost of development for companies and startups. With Flutter, you can develop multiple platforms without breaking the bank.
Have you ever been in the middle of coding and wished you could see the changes you made without having to save and refresh your browser manually? Well, with Flutter’s hot reload feature, that’s what you can do. Hot reload allows you to make changes to your code and see the results instantly. It works by injecting new code into the running Dart Virtual Machine (VM) without fully restarting the app. This means that you can make changes, fix bugs, and add new features to your app in real time, all while it’s still running.
The advantages of using hot reload for web development are numerous. For one, it greatly improves the development workflow by allowing developers to see the changes they make in real-time. This means that developers can quickly test and iterate on their code, resulting in faster development times. Also, hot reload makes it much easier to fix bugs and add new features to your app, as you can see the changes you make immediately.
Hot reload is a game-changer for web development; it allows developers to focus on the creative aspects of the development process without getting bogged down in manual saves and refreshes. It also makes the debugging process much easier and faster, leading to a better user experience. With hot reload, you can make changes and see the results in real-time, which is a huge plus in web development.
One of the main reasons that Flutter is a great choice for web development is its ability to mimic the look and feel of native apps. Even if you need to create a web app with complex visual elements, Flutter can handle it.
Furthermore, Flutter makes it easy to define the platform the app is running on and implement a relevant UI based on the design and the client’s specific needs. This allows for a highly customized and tailored user experience.
Ideal Architecture For Web App
Flutter’s architecture is sleek and modern, making it an ideal choice for businesses looking to quickly launch a minimum viable product. Whether you need to showcase your web app to investors, stakeholders, or other parties, Flutter’s simplicity and speed make it the perfect choice. Flutter allows for integration with existing applications and the ability to incorporate native controls within a Flutter app.
Simple Learning Curve
Flutter is the best way to build web apps and PWA (progressive web apps), especially if you already have a codebase for Android and iOS. You don’t need to hire new coders with new skills; just hire flutter developers for your business. They will make your PWA a budget-friendly way to create a new distribution channel.
Flutter uses the same graphical engine for Android/iOS/web, so your PWA will also have the expected behavior and look like a web version. The app will look native for all platforms and adapts easily to any device.
In terms of technology, you can communicate with the “native” code using Dart and JS. Plus, you can add WASM to the code.
Cost & Time Efficient Option
Flutter is a budget-friendly option for businesses, making it a no-brainer when it comes to saving time and money. With its cross-platform capabilities, you’ll need fewer experts from your chosen web development company and less time to launch and develop your MVP. The framework allows you to write the same codebase for multiple platforms and tweak it to fit each one, ultimately resulting in significant savings – up to 40% – on app creation costs.
Why Do Web Developers Enjoy Flutter Web Development?
- Flutter for web development is a dream come true for developers as it offers a vast collection of widgets based on Dart, resulting in an almost native-like performance and feel.
- The framework uses the whole screen as a canvas, giving developers complete control over every pixel.
- With features like life-like animation and routing, Flutter offers a powerful toolset for web development.
- Developers can choose between two powerful rendering engines for their Flutter web app development: DomCanvas and CanvasKit.
- CanvasKit, on the other hand, uses WebAssembly and WebGL to empower browsers with hardware acceleration, resulting in top-notch graphic quality without any complexity.
- Flutter’s ability to handle a large amount of data and its use of CanvasKit results in a smooth and unparalleled user experience.
- The framework can deliver customized versions for different screen sizes and maintain consistency across all devices, all thanks to its flexible Dart components.
- Flutter web apps allow for the inclusion of interactive elements, making them more engaging and dynamic.
- Developers can embed a portion of the entire Flutter web app within an existing web app to showcase interactive content.
- By placing the Flutter web app inside an HTML div, developers can achieve impressive features such as integrating public dashboards on mobile and web for a seamless experience.
- Flutter web apps can also include fun features such as lite games on the mobile web and engaging challenges, quizzes, and more on blogs.
Flutter Web: Key Points To Remember
- Keep in mind that Flutter Web is designed to create single-page apps.
- As a web developer, you can make changes to the native code just like you would for iOS and Android.
- Make sure to design your Flutter web app responsive so that it can be easily accessed on any screen size.
- To deploy your Flutter web app, run the Flutter build web command, and you will find a folder web in the project directory with native codes, including index.html.
- Be aware that not all packages support the web, so check the supported platforms before starting your coding journey.
Use Cases of Flutter For Web Development
With Flutter’s ability to create high-performance, visually stunning web apps, it’s no surprise that it’s becoming a popular choice for eCommerce website development. The framework’s single codebase for multiple platforms means businesses can reach a wider audience with less effort and development time.
Examples of eCommerce websites built with Flutter include the popular AliExpress. This global eCommerce platform reaches over 200 million customers worldwide and is the award-winning website of Google’s material design mobile app, Hamilton.
Social Media Platforms
As social media becomes increasingly visual, Flutter’s built-in widgets and hot reload capabilities allow rapid development and easy user interface customization.
Examples of social media platforms built with Flutter include the well-known app Hummingbird. This twitter-like social media platform allows users to share short-form text, images, and videos with friends and family.
Flutter’s flexibility and scalability make it ideal for building corporate websites. It is perfect for businesses that need to make regular updates to their website.
Examples of corporate websites built with Flutter include Abbey Road Studios, the legendary recording studio home to some of the most iconic recordings in history, and Reflectly, a mindfulness and journaling app that has recently launched its corporate website using Flutter.
If you’re looking to make a splash in the web app world, Flutter is your secret weapon. It’s a cost-effective and user-friendly way to create interactive apps across multiple platforms. Plus, it’s a game-changer in the industry with its ability to speed up the development process and add a personalized touch. If you’re curious about what a Flutter app is or how to create one, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll help turn your dream project into a reality.🚀